Stamping in the Rain

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Christmas Stocking Gift Card holders

Here is the project I made for the New Catalog Swap at the Hive Happening.  I decided to use my new Big Shot die, the Holiday Stocking from the new Mini Catalog that comes out in a couple of days.  So cute!  I really loved making this one.  I used the Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set to ink out some little holly and berries, using Versamark or Red Red and Wild Wasabi, depending on which color paper I was using. 
For this stocking, I used the new Holly Berry Bouquet DSP from the new Mini Catalog, isn't it pretty?  I love those colors, brown with the Wild Wasabi and Real Red (it also uses Cherry Cobbler). 
After I was done stamping, I used Sticky Strip to attach that beautiful new Very Vanilla Velvet Stitched Ribbon to the front and as a little loop holder, so it can be hung on the tree.
On the back side, I attached a small piece of the same colored paper as I used on the stocking itself to form the gift card holder.  The card will stick up a little over the top of the stocking, so it's easy to pull out.  Merry early Christmas!

No comments: