Stamping in the Rain

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Watercolor Flowers

OK, I love this card, BUT...I totally messed up the butterfly, lol.  I made this at Stamp Camp where we were supposed to use glitter, but my butterfly was still wet from watercoloring with my AquaPen and ink...did you know you can't put glitter on wet paper?  Well, you can't.  Or this happens.  LOL.  Oh well, you get the idea.  Also I forgot to add his little midsection with his antennae.  Whoo boy, poor butterfly!

Anyhow, I love this technique.  I tore a piece of scratch paper and held it down while sponging over the stamped flowers from the Flower Fest stamp set.  I used those beautiful new colors...Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi and Melon Mambo.  The sentiment is from the Happy Greetings set.  This was very quick and easy (well, minus the butterfly, ha!), but I love the effect.  I hope you like it, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you hadn't told me that you messed up the butterfly, I would never have known! Very cute!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, no matter what you think about your little butterfly! :) Following you through SC. I'm #380. Come by for a visit. www.cardsandmorebysheri.blogspot.com
Happy stamping!