Stamping in the Rain

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Valentine's Countdown

Valentine's Day is on it's way!  Here are a few cards I've received in swaps to get me in the mood.
This adorable Valentine was sent to me by Nicki Shopis.  She used The Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder for the Vanilla background and Perfect Polka Dots for the heart.  The tiny Blushing Bride flower is punched from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack with a little pearl dotting the center.  So romantic and sweet.
I love this stamp set, Greeting Card Kids and hope to get it soon!  Kate Amberg used Cherry Cobbler to make this simple Valentine.  The Seam Binding gives it a soft look and I like the way she used a marker to draw our attention to the little girl's heart.
This card was one of my favorites.  It uses a pop can for the background!  It's embossed with the Square Lattice folder and is attached with Silver Brads.  A heart punched out of Red Glimmer paper is popped up with dimensionals on the sentiment.  I thought this would make a nice masculine Valentine, since it's not too girlish.

I hope you're enjoying this winter weather.  I'm glad we're finally getting winter, but I'm not sure how long I'd like it to last, LOL.

No comments: