Stamping in the Rain

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Here's my St. Patrick's Day card.  I love this holiday, it's just so fun, plus I'm Irish, so I have to celebrate it!  LOL.  I had to use a retired set (Rainbow's End), because there just aren't enough stamps out for St. Patrick's Day.  I used Wild Wasabi as a base, then stamped my clover with Versamark and my sentiment in Garden Green.  I also used Garden Green as a mat.  My leprechaun was also stamped in green, then colored in with black marker, orange, peach and gold pen.  It was very hard to get the gold to look right.  I finally ended up using gold ink with the sponge dauber and it still won't stay on as well as I'd like.  I hand colored the rainbow, which was fun and added a Red Glimmer Paper heart.

13 comments:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Hi! Following you via Stampin' Connection. Stop by my blog sometime soon: http://stampinmomoffour.blogspot.com

Susan

Renee said...

OH this is adorable, now following from sc. stop over and pay me a visit when you have time. hugz n blessings.

Cahos' Chaos said...

So cute. Following through SC. TFS and God Bless.

Diana #147
http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Penny Hanuszak said...

Cute St. Patty's day card. I agree on the lack of Stamps for this holiday that seems so big in the states. Have a good one! I'm # 212 on the list. Hope you get a chance to visit me too.

Penny
http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

Gwen Howard said...

Nice card! I'm following you from SC. I'm #67 on List A.

Gwen
dladystampsalot.blogspot.com

Patti said...

What a cute card. Love your pot of "gold". I'm a new follower from Stampin' Connection (#247 on the list). Come by my blog for a visit.

Patti
http://whatareyouinking.blogspot.com

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Hi dear.. Love that I found your blog.. So many great projects. I will be coming back to browse more soon. I added myself as a follower to your blog through SU Connection. You're welcome to take a peek at my blog and become a follower as well ;) Here is my link: http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com

Inky hugs, Pauline

Kelli said...

Hi Susan,
You are doing a great job with your blog! I am following from SC. Stop by and visit when you get a chance!
Kelli
www.kellistampinpad.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

How cute.

I'm following you from Stampin'connection. I'm #188 on the list as www.bzstampr.blogspot.com.

Have a great weekend.

Debbie

Shanda Stirk said...

I have looked through your blog and really like all your cards. The St. Patrick's Day card is really cute too!

Jenn said...

Great blog! I'm your newest follower from SC. Visit me at www.TheCraftyYooper.blogspot.com.

Jenn

Carrie Sampsel said...

You have some really cute cards posted!! I'm you're newest follower from the SC discussion. I'm #344 on the list. Thanks for sharing!
www.carriesscrapyard.blogspot.com

Kendra Richardson said...

Thanks for sharing! I’m your newest follower from SC - #367 Kendra Richardson.
You can find me @ www.kendrascorner.blogspot.com